Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!🥂🎉
May all your dreams and aspirations in 2018 come true. My wish is that I could be more active in updating my travel blog. That I could write and share my travels and some other interesting things in cyberspace.
For the past three years, I welcomed the new year in a place I don’t call my home. The first two was in Japan and now I’m in the neighboring country, South Korea. They had an amazing fireworks and LED show in Lotte World Tower that we watched ftom the sidewalk. It was freezing but we braved the cold just to witness how the Koreans welcome the new year.
My tips if you are planning to experience seeing their fireworks display:
1. Bundled up especially if you aren’t used to the cold weather. Temperature drop is common in the middle of the night.
2. Eat your dinner on or before 8 p.m. Most restaurants in the area closed early.
3. Stay inside the mall while waiting to escape the cold. Lotte Mart is open and you can do some shopping if you like.
4. If you’re saving money and taking the train, buy the return ticket before you go out of the train station.
5. After the fireworks, rush to the nearest train station. The crowd is huge with all the Koreans and foreigners catching the late night train. Train will run until 1:35 a.m.
It was an experience to board the Seoul Metro earlier today with the mob of people trying to get in. It was wild but had fun even if we were squeezed silly. If you don’t want that kind of thing, you can probably take the bus or taxi back to your accommodations. If you have young children with you, I advise you take a taxi!
the traveling KANGaroo